- This event has passed.
4th Annual Startup Pitch Contest
April 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Santa Cruz Works is proud to announce our Pitch Contest for the 4th cohort of the Santa Cruz Works Accelerator Program. Join us as six (6) exciting new startups each give 5-minute presentations to 4 Judges / VCs. 3rd place will take home $1,000 in cash, $500 in Santa Cruz Downtown Dollars, sponsored by City of Santa Cruz Economic Development. Santa Cruz Works will award 2nd Place with $2,500, and $5,000 to 1st place (seed capital SAFE convertible / debt equity). All of the startup finalists will have the opportunity to seek further funding from the Judges.
Our event will start with an announcement from Santa Cruz high schoolers who will compete at the 21st annual MATE ROV Competition. Read more HERE
Out of 34 applicants, the finalists are:
- AirSet – providing advanced airflow controls for healthcare HVAC systems.
- Belay – Belay uses state-of-the-art in-house forecasting tech to cover drivers on their bad days in exchange for a share of their good days.
- Climatize – take climate action while earning money and avoiding your personal carbon footprint by simply investing the spare change from your everyday purchases into crowdfunding clean energy projects.
- Fonda Technologies – empowering Latino & minority-owned restaurants with the same online commerce abilities as the world’s largest restaurant chains.
- Immergo Labs – an all-in-one physical therapy clinic through off-the-shelf VR headsets: giving therapists and patients the ability to be in the same room.
- Purcell – food packaging relies heavily on plastic which is causing worrisome pollution. Purcell is dedicated to bringing bulk food from niche to mass-market to solve the problem of excessive packaging.
THANK YOU SPONSORS!