The fourth annual Startup Investment and Community Capital (SICC) Expo was held on Monday, September 28 – Wednesday, September 30, 2020. This year’s SICC Expo attracted over 500 attendees who participated in three days of presentations and company/speaker panels. In addition to the speaker and panels, 19 innovative companies pitched their business ideas to panels of 24 investors. This event provided businesses, investors, and the larger Monterey Bay community a forum for pathways to funding local and regional startup business projects.
The theme of this year’s SICC Expo was Recovery and Reinvention: Inclusive Pathways to Capital. The changes wrought by the COVID emergency provided the opportunity for this year’s Expo to re-examine our entrepreneurial system and for a reinvention of businesses and of the funding process around inclusion. Among the many speakers and panels were experts like Guy Kawasaki, Ben Jealous, and Congressman Jimmy Panetta.
Speakers & Panels
Who should attend:
- Entrepreneurs and Startup Companies
- Angel and Venture Capital Investors
- Lenders and Other Sources of Startup Capital
- Partners in the Monterey Bay Startup Ecosystem
- Students of Entrepreneurship and Startup Finance
- Community Leaders
Goals of the Expo:
- Bring together startup companies and sources of capital
- Connect investors to startups seeking funding
- Network with fellow investors and entrepreneurs