- This event has passed.
2020 Santa Cruz Biotech Startups
August 5, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
We will provide realtime updates up until the hour of the event. New companies will be added.
We will begin this event with an overview of the Santa Cruz biotech scene by Lou Pambianco of Startup Sandbox. Followed by
- Pinpoint: Lisa Diamond will wow us with her 30-second Coronavirus detection device.
- SanguineDx: David Sierra will demonstrate how to detect COVID 19 with an instant-read pen-sized device in less than 1 minute!
- Astrea Forensics: Kelly Harkins Kincaid is a 2-time entrepreneur. Her new startup helps law enforcement and genetic genealogy investigators in their mission to solve cold cases.
- Ontera: Mark Rose will give an update on how Ontera is building a point-of-care device to detect COVID-19 using silicon nanopores.
- Cito Medical: Mark Coates’ biotech company specializes in Sample to Answer, PCR, Sample on Chip technology, and microfluidics.
- Unnatural Products: Cameron Pye will discuss AI-enhanced technology platform creates entirely new drugs by engineering passively permeable, macrocyclic peptides that access traditionally undruggable targets.
Apologies from David Deamer / UpRNA needing to bow out due to testing of a provisional patent.
If you are a biotech company interested in presenting, contact us at: https://www.santacruzworks.org/contact